Non-Resident Purchasers

Non Resident Purchasers

What to look out for when buying property in Ireland whilst living in another country

1.       How are you funding the purchase?

2.       Are you providing your own funds?

3.       You will have to register for a tax number called a PPS (Private Personal Services) number with the Department of Social Welfare.

4.       Get your application in for a PPS number early as it is taking approximately three months to receive a PPS number.

5.       You will provide the PPS number to your solicitor who will give it to Revenue to pay a form of tax called stamp duty on the property purchase.

6.       Arrange for an engineer or property surveyor to look at the property for you.

Contact Majella Walsh Solicitors on tel. 021-4757477 or email who can provide you with expert advice on your property transaction.