What to look out for when buying property in Ireland whilst living in another country
There are a number of factors to consider when purchasing a property in Ireland with a new to moving here to live. The following is a list of things to keep in mind when looking for a solicitor.
1. How are you funding the purchase?
2. Are you providing your own funds?
3. You will have to register for a tax number called a PPS (Private Personal Services) number with the Department of Social Welfare.
4. Get your application in for a PPS number early as it is taking approximately three months to receive a PPS number.
5. You will provide the PPS number to your solicitor who will give it to Revenue to pay a form of tax called stamp duty on the property purchase.
6. Arrange for an engineer or property surveyor to look at the property for you.
The process of purchasing property in Ireland can be quite different to your own country. It is important to select a solicitor to work with who will guide you through the process easily.
Majella Walsh Solicitors have the expertise to assist you in the purchase or sale of your property. We have bought and sold property in all areas of Ireland. We have dealt with first time buyers, clients buying their second home, non-resident purchasers and non-resident vendors. We pride ourselves on our clear communications and will assist you in every step of the transaction. We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact Majella Walsh Solicitors on tel. 021-4757477 or email email@example.com who can provide you with expert advice on your property transaction.