Non-Resident Vendors

Non Residential Vendors

Important things to have in place before you sell your property in Ireland

1.      If your property is currently rented out you will have to provide sufficient notice to your tenants.  Your solicitor will provide you with the necessary information required to ensure that you comply with all legislation in relation to residential tenancies.

2.      Your solicitor will need to be provided with your title deeds to allow them draft a contract for the sale.  This should be done before the property is put on the market to ensure the process is as quick as possible.

3.      You will also need to appoint an accountant who will need to assess your tax liability as you are a non-resident vendor.  A letter from the Revenue Commissioners confirming that there is no tax liability outstanding in relation to the property sale will be required by your solicitor before sale proceeds can be released.

Contact Majella Walsh Solicitors on tel. 021-4757477 or email who can provide you with expert advice on your property transaction.